About Cheam Charter Week
Cheam Charter Week was created to give local groups and businesses an opportunity to engage with those who live and work in and around Cheam. It comprises a series of events that take place in the week of the fair and will next be held from Sat 12 to Sun 20 May 2018.
We also find some organisations feel generous during Cheam Charter Week and get into the Fair spirit by providing special offers for their customers.
If your organisation would like to run an event or provide a Cheam Charter Week special offer please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll add details to this page.
Cheam Charter Week activities and offers
The current list of 2018 Cheam Charter Week information is shown below.
Please follow the Cheam Charter Fair Facebook page for updates on the latest Cheam Charter related activity.
Throughout Cheam Charter Week 12 – 20 May
- Prize draw! Win one of three £20 prizes, kindly donated by Sutton & Cheam rotary.
- Count the crowns in shops around the village and enter the draw at the Sutton College gazebo at the fair.
- Smith & Byford – Bobby the Boiler will be running a competition for children to design a Cheam Charter badge. At the end of the week, the 3 best designs win a great prize. Pop into the showroom 36 The Broadway for badges or more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.smithandbyford.com
- Forget Me Not Florists, Station Way – 10% off all purchases made during Charter Week
- Tasha’s Tearoom Celebrate the Charter week & Royal wedding with a scrumptious Afternoon Tea fit for a Princess with a free glass of prosecco! Pre booking essential -Call 020 8770 3977.
- Village Travel – Get a free bottle of prosecco to celebrate the Royal Wedding with all bookings over £1000
- Ye Olde Red Lion will be holding a Real Ale festival over the Charter Fair weekend featuring 10 fantastic real ales – see their Facebook page for updates and come try them at the fair!!
Saturday 12 May
- 9am to 1pm Cheam Charter Fair in Park Road. Pop along and browse over 70 stalls selling crafts, jewellery, cakes and more! Full stall listings can be found on our Stalls page.
- Prize draw! Win one of three £20 prizes, kindly donated by Sutton & Cheam Rotary. Count the crowns around the village and enter the draw at the Sutton College gazebo at the fair.
- Whitehall Historic House – Come and hear about the reopening plans and future activities. Discover how you can become involved with this beautiful building.
- Friends of Whitehall – Special Offer at Cheam Charter Fair: Sign up to become a Friend of Whitehall – A year’s subscription is only £5 per person or £10 for a Family
- Surrey Jive will be performing and bringing along their cadillacs!
- Ye Olde Red Lion’s Real Ale Festival –try their fantastic range of 10 real ales.
Sunday 13 May
- Sutton & Epsom RFC The Big Bash! End of season community fun day, from 10am.
- Nonsuch Mansion House –Visit the house for a special opening organised by the Friends of Nonsuch, 2pm – 4pm
Monday 14 May
- Star Steppers Performing Arts Ltd are offering a FREE session combining dance, drama & singing! From 4pm-5pm (3-5yrs) or 5pm-6pm (6-8yrs/ 9yrs+) at the Parochial Rooms, Call 07810 808228 to book.
Tuesday 15 May
- Official Cheam Charter day with a stall marking the traditional fair day along Park Road
Thursday 17 May
- Free taster Yoga session, suitable for beginners at Cheam Library 12pm- 12:40pm.
To book your place, contact King King on 07970 025292 www.yogawithkingking.com
Friday 18 May
- Friday market: 9am – Pop in and browse stalls selling handmade goods plus homemade cakes!
- Star Steppers Performing Arts Ltd are offering a FREE session combining dance, drama & singing! From 4:30pm-5:30pm (3-5yrs) or 5:15pm-6:45pm (6-8yrs/ 9yrs+) at the Parochial Rooms, Call 07810 808228 to book
Saturday 19 May
- The Royal Wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle
Sunday 20 May
- Nonsuch Park Walk 2pm – A guided walk with John Phillips exploring the historic landscape of the park, including the site of the Tudor Palace of Nonsuch built for Henry VIII.
Meet: Outside Nonsuch Mansion cafe. Tickets £4 (£3.50 Friends). Call 020 8770 4297 to book.